Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Checking in, again;)

Okay...gonna give this a try here.  I've sat down occasionally over the past few months and lurked, with a possible intent to post, but have failed at the latter.  Life has been busy, but then again not.  Time is just flying by.  Family has kept me occupied.  Work takes up part of my energy.  And what I have left, I have tried to use quilting.

I have tons of pictures to share I think.  They may let you in on what I have been up to better than words right now;)

Fall came and went.  After a busy summer of canning, quilting, and exploring, mother nature started giving signs that shop was closing up for the season and winter was well on its way.

Halloween was fun.  We both had to work, so it was quiet around here.  But we did get our pumpkins carved up;)  I had to dress up for work everyday for two weeks before the holiday.  I had a blast, to say the least;)

 
 
We added a new quilt tester to the house....George.  Oscar was still a bit sceptical of the whole situation at this point, but has warmed up to him quite well since then.
 
 
Oscar has taken to instructing George on the finer points of being a quilt/whatever mamma is interested in inspector type job that only cats are capable of doing.  Good stuff;)


I've been outside a few times.  Cruising the coast and seeing what is out there.  I've been to the same places over and over again, and everytime...the places change.  I love this place.

 
 
It's beautiful. And violent.  Come adore me, but stand back.
 
 
The shadows let you see things that sunlight drowns out.
 
 
I got a little too close to nature here.  I almost got taken out.  I learned real quick to pay attention to your surroundings when you are this close to the edge.
 
 
Then there is my new favorite top of the world spot.  I think you can almost see California from up there, maybe all the way to Japan.  Took my breath away that day.  Beautiful.
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
I think that will do it for now;)  I have a quilt on the wall I need to work on....there is an outbreak of babies-on-the-way at work...one boy and two girls;)  Yay!!  Finally a couple of baby girl quilts on the to do list;)
 
I will try to get my posts more regular, but not guarnteeing anything.  Life has a put a lot on my plate as of late.  I'll do my best;)
 
Hope all is well, and as always, Happy Quilting!!
 

8 comments:

Liriopia said...

WOW! Beautiful pictures! Nice to hear from you!

Liri

canuckquilter said...

It's so good to hear from you. Take care of life, post when you can. Your pictures are beautiful as always - you can always give us eye candy without words when you're pressed for time but want to connect :)

---"Love" said...

Thanks so much for sharing those gorgeous pictures! Looks like life has been good for you, even though very busy! Glad to get the update from you. Happy livin' to you, and happy quiltin' too! ---"Love"

Lynette said...

You have some wonderful photos here - and how fun to get to dress up for two weeks at work!

Beth said...

So great to see a post from you. Life does have a way of keeping us on the go.
The pictures are beautiful. What is that picture near the bottom with the purple? Looks so cool.
We dress up for halloween at work too, but only on the actual day.
Happy stitching

Cynthia said...

Hey I was just thinking about you the other day...wondering what you were up to. Good to hear you are enjoying yourself! Love all the pictures! Beautiful!

a good yarn said...

What a wonderful post! Your photos are great - what spectacular scenery. So the Master has an Apprentice. Learn the ways of quilting you will. Life is busy that's how it goes. It is good to hear from you though.

Katie said...

Beautiful Photos! (Pardon The Caps...Darn Smartphone...But This Post Won't Load On My Laptop For Some Reason...)

George Is A Cutie And Seems To Have Figured Out His Role Quickly. I Hope You Find More Time To Blog, But I Know How Easily Life Can Get In The Way...